the squeaky doors
the water leak at the trunk
the ant community
one windshield wiper working
the oil drippings
turning off the aircon while going up a steep road
spots of rust
tintless windows
using cellphone light to see the kilometer read
computing the kilometers per liter
jump starting at the start of the day
These may not sound like things that you would miss about a car but driving TEP for close to 10 years, I have grown to love her character as such.
I felt the lost more when I was driving my new car (that has yet to be named). TEP has given me a lot of good memories. She has brought me and my nieces (and for one school year, my nephew) to school. Her airconditioning is commendable which is, I think, the only thing my mom likes about her. I have had great conversations with my dear friend which she witnessed. I guess having a broken radio contributed to that.
I think there was one time that she might have felt that I didn't care about her. It was the month of November several years ago when my dear friend and I brought her to Starbucks, Libis. My dear friend and I had coffee. As she brought us home, I realized that she was not TEP. She or he (I wouldn't know what gender the owner has assigned to her/him) looked exactly like TEP. My dear friend and I rushed back to Starbucks with this TEP-looking car. It was a funny incident that I guess none of you (readers) have ever experienced or will ever experience.
Maybe TEP felt bad that I didn't realize sooner that it wasn't her that we were with. Right now, I want her to know that even if she is now owned by a friend of mine, I will always consider her as 'my car'. Who knows, she may still be considering me as 'my owner.'
*TEP 856 White 1992 Toyota Corolla
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important", the fox said. And so the prince returns to the garden, seeing things with new eyes:
"You are not at all like my rose," he said. "As yet you are nothing. No one has tamed you, and you have tamed no one. You are like my fox when I first knew him. He was only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But I have made him my friend, and now he is unique in all the world."
And the roses were very much embarassed.
"You are beautiful, but you are empty," he went on. "One could not die for you. To be sure, an ordinary passerby would think that my rose looked just like you--the rose that belongs to me. But in herself alone she is more important than all the hundreds of you other roses: because it is she that I have watered; because it is she that I have put under the glass globe; because it is she that I have sheltered behind the screen; because it is for her that I have killed the caterpillars (except the two or three that we saved to become butterflies); because it is she that I have listened to, when she grumbled, or boasted, or even sometimes when she said nothing. Because she is my rose."
Yes, Little Princess, it is the time you have wasted for your car that makes your car so important. :-)
--your dear fox
And the time was worth wasting ü
Post a Comment