It's accreditation year. I feel that it's a bit unfair that we have to put together all 5 school years in 16 hours and in a 10 by 20 room. How I wish they saw several situations:
1) the kids crying in class when they realized how blessed they are after watching a video during Guidance class
2)a teacher taking time to visit a student in the hospital
3)the presentation of 7 year old girls during the Linggo ng Wika celebrations
There is much more to see (and hear) and it's just too bad they'll be here for only two days.
After a day of being interviewed by an accreditor and seeing the other accreditors going around and observing classes, I have realized that, indeed, you can show 5 years in 2 days. Not in the exhibit or in the lesson plans. How? In the end, the students actions and values will show the accreditors what did happen to them in the past 5 years.
It is never my goal to become an accreditor. Although I did jokingly mention to friends that only for the free food I would apply as one. But if ever I do become an accreditor, I would know what to look for. And I know where to look for it.
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If someday you will be asked to be an accreditor, based on what you wrote, I think you'll be a good one. :-)
Post a Comment