Ever since I got appointed to this position, I realized the many responsibilities of a supervisor. And as each day passes by, I come up, at least in my mind, with the AKAs (also known as) of a supervisor.
1. Document sorter. My pigeon hole is always filled with papers from different people in the grade school community concerning different things. I have to go through each one and decide and decipher which to post on our bulletin board, which to distribute to the guidance staff, which ones to accomplish and submit back, which ones to file and so on and so forth.
2. Middleman (in my case, middlewoman. There are concerns that I have to relay from the guidance staff to the admin board and there are concerns I have to relay from the admin board to the guidance staff. It is never easy to be unbiased. And it is a great responsibility to make sure that what I say is verbatim (lest I want either group to get angry).
3. "Meeter" (I want to call it meeter because it sounds weird and every so often I want to write weird words). The meetings I have to attend, oh, how many they are! Yes, I appreciate (very much) the free lunch we get. I look forward to ideas that come about in these meetings. The 'meetings' part of my notebook is almost full and first quarter is not even finished. But I look forward to meetings with the guidance staff because it's a time I hear their concerns (which are important to me because I would like to address them).
4. Approver. There's so much to approve. There are forms, procedures, letters, test results, etc. I have yet to master the art of approving ASAP. I do like doing this because, slowly, we're creating systems in our guidance center. And having systems is always good.
5. Model. There's no other way to say this. We really are models. I have to wear the 'ugly' uniform because I should be a model to the guidance staff that I follow the dress code. (Let it be known that in the almost 10 years of my 'uniform' life, this is the only time that I have the 'ugly' uniform). Ever since I started working here, I am passionate about what I do. I do hope that they can see that and would be passionate as well (a lot of them are).
I'm so sure I can think of more AKAs of a supervisor. Well, I'm still on the 17th day of being one.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment