Friday, August 03, 2007

How the german goes well with the sun

(written on 30 July 2007)

I would have panicked with the thought of being locked in my room for 4 days. To have no physical contact (most of the time) with any human for more than a day would make you go berserk. But did I go on a temper tantrum when the doctor said I should be in isolation? I didn’t. Well, first of all, I should be responsible enough not to infect the people who have not been vaccinated and has not gotten this sickness. I have German measles. However, the factor that’s top on the list on why I was comfortable to staying in my room for 96 hours is because I have a phone with a sun sim. I just loaded a card good for 5 days (which actually goes for 6 days and I’m grateful for that). My dear friend has a sun line, too. So, now that I’m at the tail end of my hibernation, I am thankful to sun for keeping me sane. Moreover, my dear friend and I have, I think, covered most topics in our phone conversations while we are both recuperating. (He’s not sure if he is infected so he also took a sick leave. But that’s another story.) I may not be able to recall all our conversations later on but I’m so sure I cherished all of them during my sick leave. I have spent almost a thousand on antibiotics but for me the best medicine was the hundred pesos load. And every peso was worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw... This was so heartwarming. I enjoyed the conversations too. It was great being sick with you. :-)