(written last night at around 11:00 p.m.)
Are we meant for just one person in this world? Is there such a thing as a soul mate? Or is it just that some people get along with a few people, while the rest of us are just sociable people? I’m saying this because I think the sociable people have greater chance of having a lot of soul mates. That’s just my opinion.
I’ve had relationships in the past which I felt where ‘it.’ You know, the ‘it’ that people in-love talk about. But apparently all the ‘its’ wherein ‘it’. They were more of ‘it-for-now’. No regrets, though, because I am proud to say that in all those 5 relationships (Yup, you’ve read right, I’ve had 5), I was myself. My true self. I didn’t pretend to be anyone or anything that I wasn’t. I was able to say what I felt. I was able to put in to action what I want to put in to action. If it means giving my boyfriend a bar of chocolates or massaging him or creating a surprise birthday, I do it. There were was one time though that one of those boyfriends turned down a gift I was giving him because he felt girls aren’t supposed to do that. I was in high school then so I guess, maybe, at that age his reasoning was valid. But that’s how I am, I love passionately. Well, maybe that’s a disadvantage but again I have no regrets. That’s just how I am.
Do you think I change myself every time I have a new boyfriend? Wherein I try to adjust to what he likes and try to pattern it to what I like? I don’t think I did. It just so happens that the guys that I have loved are guys who are like me in certain, different ways. Above having the same things that I like or belonging to the same school, my first four boyfriends and I have had great conversations about different things in life. My last boyfriend, well, we share a whole lot in common. The greatest conversations in my life I’ve had with him. We still share a lot in common and we are still amazed that we never run out of things to talk about. And saying this may sound weird given the fact that we’re not ‘together’ anymore.
I've had five square pegs in my life and my dear friend was the best fit. I am not really sure if I’ll find someone who can remotely come close to my dear friend but if I know myself I’m pretty sure I'll end up with the perfect fit.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
man in the river, it might be just the two of us reading my blog, so why deny who my dear friend really is ü. It's good to know that you feel the same way about the times we have had and continue to have together.
Post a Comment