
They say it takes 21 days to develop a habit. Well, so far, I'm on my 6th day in developing a habit... actually, 2 habits.
I pray every night and when I wake up. For a lot of years I've been praying with my dear friend before we sleep and as soon as we wake up. Lately, though, I've been praying on my own every morning. Upon waking up, I read the reading of the day from a book given to me by my good friend...a friend since highschool. She gave it to me a few months back when I was going through the difficulties of a break-up. 'Streams in the Desert' is the title...I guess what the book is all about is self-explanatory. Reading it and saying my personal prayer afterwards has been helping me nowadays. When I was much, much younger, praying to God for me was like having a chat with a very, very dear friend. Somehow, I've lost that in me, but luckily, there are moments (specially in low moments, sadly) that I would find myself being that little girl having a chat with her best pal. Like what I said, sadly, it is at times that I badly needed to talk to Him that I become this little girl. So, now, I'm praying to Him with much hope and not so much anger or frustration in my heart.
I started playing the guitar last February...almost around the time that my good friend gave me the prayer book. I've been wanting to learn how to play the guitar...hoping that I'll one day play 'Balladina'. I guess He really loves me because by some weird coincidence a friend of a friend is a guitar player/teacher. He has a 10 year old deaf daughter who's having difficulty with Math and has been looking for a tutor. I have taught Math and I have tutored before...however, I haven't tutored a deaf student before. It was an x-deal...I'll tutor his daughter in Math and he'll teach me how to play the guitar. I'm having classic guitar lessons so it's not the learning-the-chords type...it's actual notes. My first piece is Moderato...oh, how I enjoyed playing it. Right now, I'm trying to finish learning Bagatelle...another good piece. Playing and practicing the guitar for me is one of the single moments that I feel alone yet very happy that I am. Really peaceful and happy. I stopped practicing for almost a month because of the many things I am doing. And yes, I feel bad about it...wouldn't you be? Stopping myself from being in a peaceful and happy state...I know, I know ü.
Last Tuesday, I began doing these 2 habits...praying to God and playing the guitar...10-15 minutes each every morning ü. I am so sure that one day I'll be able to do these 2 things together...playing the guitar to Him as we talk ü...hopefully, in less than 21 days ü.
2 comments:
Playing the guitar is very relaxing. My Pevey is under the bed. When Karaoke came out.. it went under the bed. LOL I give gospel concerts and would rather sing as eat! But sometimes I get side tracked. That is not good because I can worship Him when I sing. Maybe you could worship also playing the guitar. Many blessings, Janie Marie
Thanks, Janie Marie.
I guess when you say 'my Pevey', it's your guitar. I'm about to finish 'Bagatelle' which is my second piece. I may not become the best guitar player but I'll be glad if I can play Jesuit music with my guitar. Here's hoping ü
Post a Comment